.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommon Sense (for Software)

This blog has been moved to www.UncommonSenseForSoftware.com.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Presentation to Ottawa developer group

Last night I had the opportunity to present my company (Devshop) to a group of local Ottawa developers. Devshop is currently developing a radical new web-based project management tool specifically designed for software teams to address the common challenges associated with software projects. More on that coming soon. The forum was a monthly OGRE meeting (Ottawa Group of Ruby Enthusiasts), hosted by the team at JadedPixel.

I know at least a few of the folks at the meeting last night will be checking out this blog, so to you, thanks for the opportunity to present and the brews shared at the pub afterwards. Good times.

Devshop has been in stealth mode for some time now. In the next couple of months, I'll be free to start letting the cat out of the bag (at least up to its ears & eyebrows). The first real web-site explaining the goals and the product (and most importantly, what it means to software developers of the world) is in progress and will be up in the next few weeks. Hope you'll come back for a visit to check it out.

Many thanks to everyone that attended last night. 'Be seeing you.

6 Comments:

  • I was at the OGRE meeting last night and didn't end up talking with you, so I have to say that your presentation was really awesome. I have zero experience with project management, and when I saw the topic of the presentation on the mailing list I had a sneaking suspicion that I would be bored to death. On the contrary, it was really engaging and I was really "wowed" by the product. Good work!

    By Anonymous James MacAulay, at February 23, 2006 2:17 PM  

  • Thanks James!

    By Blogger Craig Fitzpatrick, at February 23, 2006 2:35 PM  

  • Hi,
    I finally got around to posting my short comments about the meeting, and your presentation, on my own blog. In short, I like your concept and look forward to seeing your software in action, preferably using it.

    By Anonymous Rob, at February 25, 2006 3:08 PM  

  • Craig,

    Today I posted commentary on PM apps, including Basecamp, MS Project, Trac and your upcoming Devshop product http://www.yukonbiz.com/?p=31 that I'd love to get your feedback/comments on, if possible.

    thanks

    geof

    By Anonymous Geof Harries, at February 27, 2006 1:23 PM  

  • I would like to chat with you about what you are doing. What is the best way to contact you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 01, 2006 1:29 AM  

  • Craig,

    What is the best way to get in touch with you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 01, 2006 1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home